Saturday 29 October 2011

Not so Separating High Definition Separating Mascara from NYC


From the website:
  •    Precision Lash Technology provides the ultimate combination: Up to 60% more length and up to 70% more lift
  • High-precision plastic brush separates and defines without clumping 360° wide open-eye look, instantly
  • Duo Play Complex with Panthenol and vitamin E strengthens and adds suppleness to your lashes
  •  Flake-proof, smudge-proof, all-day flawless look guaranteed
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Suitable for sensitive eyes and lens wearers
I brought this on a bit of a spur of the moment whilst doing some online shopping as it was only £2.99. We all know NYC can be a bit of a hit and miss with the quality of their products and am afraid that this was a miss for me.

Firstly I really didn’t like the wand, its mixture of short and long plastic bristles made it quite painful to apply near the roots of the lashes. They are also very hard and have no flexibility and when you take the mascara wand out there is always a long string of product on the end of the wand, and far too much product on it.

I find it doesn’t distribute the product very evenly across the lashes so you have to apply a few coats but then it gets all clumpy and causes the lashes to stick together. You can’t win. The formula is also very wet so if I blink too soon after I get it all over the top and bottom of my eye. Throughout the day the product gets very dry and flaky and I get little bits of mascara flaking onto my face. One thing though is that it doesn’t smudge so at least you won’t end up with the dreaded panda eyes.

Now lets look at how the mascara lives up to its claims:
Precision Lash Technology provides the ultimate combination: Up to 60% more length and up to 70% more lift
This did look like it was making my lashes look longer but, it made them very droopy and not lifted at all.
High-precision plastic brush separates and defines without clumping 360° wide open-eye look, instantly
The brush was really quite bad, and this was one of the most clumpy mascaras I've tried recently. 
Duo Play Complex with Panthenol and vitamin E strengthens and adds suppleness to your lashes
I haven't seen any dramatic improvement in the condition of my lashes but the vitamins can't hurt.
Flake-proof, smudge-proof, all-day flawless look guaranteed
It wasn't flake-proof but is smudge proof, I'll give them that. 


After looking at other reviews on this mascara I my viewpoint is in the minority and most people seem to absolutely love it so maybe it is just me and my lashes.


Without Mascara
One Coat
Two Coats


Rating: 3/10
Reccomend: No

Avaliable from www.superdrug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment